The Internet Baseball Writers Association of America (IBWAA) endeavors to serve the baseball writing community. We strive to increase visibility, networking, and opportunities for all of our members.
Founded in 2009 by Howard Cole, the IBWAA is currently managed by Daniel R. Epstein and Jonathan Becker. We represent more than 600 writers and content creators wherever baseball is played all over the world, ranging from hobbyists to professionals and everywhere in between.
Do you like to create baseball content? You’ll fit right in! The IBWAA is open and welcoming to everybody. Here are some of the benefits of membership:
- Participate in any of our virtual member meetings held monthly:
- Up Next– Prospects, Minors, Collegiate, and Amateur Baseball
- The Press Box- Discussing the Craft of Baseball Writing and Content
- Now Batting- Current Events in Baseball
- Retired Numbers- Baseball History and Trivia
- Likes and retweets for any articles when you tag @IBWAA
- Participate in IBWAA voting:
- Postseason awards
- Hall of Fame
- Writing awards (coming soon!)
- Eligible to be featured as a guest host or interview subject on Baseball Writers: The IBWAA Podcast
- Join Here’s the Pitch, the IBWAA newsletter:
- Write original content
- Submit your “best of” article from the past month
- Network with more than 600 fellow IBWAA members
- Benefit from our partnership with SABR
Other questions? Contact us. We’ll be happy to answer.